Planning and Project Management
Once we are on site, you can leave the rest to us. As no two planting projects are the same and they come with their own unique set of challenges and we know what it takes to get the job done in the safest, quickest and most cost effective way possible. We make sure to visit all sites, particularly in the final stages before planting, so we can adapt our logistics, crews, equipment and production strategies to adhere to any project specific requirements.
With some of our Western Australian projects producing more than 100k planted trees/day, daily planting production does vary depending on slope, ground preparation, access, soil type and of course the weather. Once we have viewed the land and have a better understanding of the project scope, we are able to provide accurate production targets and a project timeline. We are always available for consultation throughout the entire planning process.
Our Crews and Equipment
We provide highly trained planting crews based on the following model:
- Crew Supervisor
- Tree Runner
- Quality Assessor
- 12 planters
Our management are trained in the following safety certifications:
- HLTAID001 - Provide First Aid
- HLTAID010 – Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
- HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- FWPCOT3325 – Operate 4wd on unsealed roads
- FWPCOT3328 – Recover 4wd vehicle
- FWPCOT3328 – Operate 4wd vehicle in a towing situation
- AHCMOM216 – Operate Side by Side UTV
- 22541VIC – Basic Wildfire Awareness
- AQF – 3 Chemical Accreditation
- Leadership Training /Leading and Managing Teams – Ace College
- Project specific equipment (spade, pottiputki etc.)
- Side by Side UTV’s (number dependent on production requirements)
- Modern fully equipped 4wd vehicles
- Covered & enclosed seedling trailers & ute racks
- Tree cache irrigation equipment if required
Over the years, we have found this crew model to be the most efficient way maximise production, quality and safety but we realise some contracts have unique specifications and we have the ability to scale up or down as needed.
All our field staff is backed by a dedicated regional manager, providing optimal support for both ground staff and our clients.
We stand behind our planting quality and we provide our own dedicated Quality Assessor on every project. Our highly trained assessors are there to ensure all of our trees are planted to contract specifications and to maintain precise stocking requirements. Our assessors provide constant feedback to our clients throughout the progression of the project.
All seedlings to be planted are transported in covered and enclosed trailers to protect them from the elements while maintaining soil moisture for optimal seedling survival. We continue to monitor seedling integrity throughout the project by performing randomised seedling audits.
Get in touch with us for a quote on your next planting project and see the Outland difference.
Get in touch
For a quote on your next planting project and see the Outland difference.